Welcome to Phinney Books, the neighborhood bookstore in Phinney Ridge/Greenwood in north Seattle.
We're a general-interest store selling a carefully chosen selection of new books across a variety of categories. We don't have much space, but we make a special effort to have interesting reading in fiction, kids' books, essays, history, cookbooks, music, technology, cities, nature and science, graphic novels, diaries, and letters. We also sell a selection of paper goods, puzzles, toys, games, and chocolates, and we'll always have lots of NYRB Classics on hand.
Every week we send a weekly newsletter, featuring book recommendations, new releases, event news, and other stuff, which you can sign up for here.
We opened in June 2014, after taking over Santoro's Books, the neighborhood bookstore for almost a decade, and we're happily getting to know our neighbors (we live nearby too) and making sure we have the books you want to read, whether you're in the neighborhood or visiting from far away.
Here are some of the articles about the store, before and after our opening, if you'd like to read more:
- "Bookstores in Seattle Soar, and Embrace an Old Nemesis: Amazon.com," ["embrace" might be a little strong...], New York Times, Apr. 11, 2014
- "Across the Street from the Future with Tom Nissley," Seattle Weekly, Apr. 29, 2014
- "Ballard Author and Jeopardy! Champ Buys Santoro's Books," Phinneywood.com, Apr. 2, 2014
- "For the Love of Books: Jeopardy! Champ to Open Seattle Bookstore," MyNorthwest.com, Apr. 28, 2014
- "Welcome Seattle's Newest Bookstore, Phinney Books, Tomorrow," Stranger Slog, June 20, 2014
- "Independent Bookstore Series: Phinney Books," CityArts, June 25, 2014
- "Phinney Books: A New Literary Anchor for Greenwood," Seattle Times, July 6, 2014
- "Tom Nissley of Phinney Books Shares What He's Learned from His First Bookstore Christmas Season," Stranger Slog, Dec. 11, 2014
Inquiries about the store (and special order requests) can be sent to email@example.com.
Thanks. Hope to see you in the store!
We're Two Years old!
See our Top 100 bestselling books from our second year.
Sat., July 30, 11 pm
We'll be open, with trivia quizzes, dramatic readings, and butterbeer, for the midnight release of the eighth Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Sat., Aug. 6, 7 pm
The Dock Street Salon reading series welcomes Sean Beaudoin and Ben Tanzer
Wed., Aug. 17, 7:30 pm
The Ridge Readers Book Club discusses Anna Funder's Stasiland
NEW: DIGITAL AUDIOBOOKS!
Now you can order digital audiobooks through Libro.fm, and a portion of the proceeds will go to Phinney Books. Just order through this page.
Every Tuesday with Karlyn and Friday with Steph at 11 am. Babies, toddlers, and anyone else who likes a good story exuberantly told are welcome.