Welcome to Phinney Books, the neighborhood bookstore in Phinney Ridge/Greenwood in north Seattle.
We're a general-interest store selling a carefully chosen selection of new books across a variety of categories. We don't have much space, but we make a special effort to have interesting reading in fiction, kids' books, essays, history, cookbooks, music, technology, cities, nature and science, graphic novels, diaries, and letters. We also sell a selection of paper goods, puzzles, toys, games, and chocolates, and we'll always have lots of NYRB Classics on hand.
Every week we send a weekly newsletter, featuring book recommendations, new releases, event news, and other stuff, which you can sign up for here.
We opened in June 2014, after taking over Santoro's Books, the neighborhood bookstore for almost a decade, and we're happily getting to know our neighbors (we live nearby too) and making sure we have the books you want to read, whether you're in the neighborhood or visiting from far away.
Here are some of the articles about the store, before and after our opening, if you'd like to read more:
- "Bookstores in Seattle Soar, and Embrace an Old Nemesis: Amazon.com," ["embrace" might be a little strong...], New York Times, Apr. 11, 2014
- "Across the Street from the Future with Tom Nissley," Seattle Weekly, Apr. 29, 2014
- "Ballard Author and Jeopardy! Champ Buys Santoro's Books," Phinneywood.com, Apr. 2, 2014
- "For the Love of Books: Jeopardy! Champ to Open Seattle Bookstore," MyNorthwest.com, Apr. 28, 2014
- "Welcome Seattle's Newest Bookstore, Phinney Books, Tomorrow," Stranger Slog, June 20, 2014
- "Independent Bookstore Series: Phinney Books," CityArts, June 25, 2014
- "Phinney Books: A New Literary Anchor for Greenwood," Seattle Times, July 6, 2014
- "Tom Nissley of Phinney Books Shares What He's Learned from His First Bookstore Christmas Season," Stranger Slog, Dec. 11, 2014
Inquiries about the store (and special order requests) can be sent to email@example.com.
Thanks. Hope to see you in the store!
The RESIST LIST
Every week we feature a rotating list of a dozen or so books that in some way—education, inspiration, or infuriation—speak to the idea of resistance, and we donate 20% of all sales from the list that week to the ACLU.
Sat., November 18, 3-5 pm: We're selling books at the 8th annual Seattle7 Holiday Bookfest, featuring 29 local authors signing their work
See our full event listing
Every Tuesday with Molly and Friday with Steph at 11 am. Babies, toddlers, and anyone else who likes a good story exuberantly told are welcome.
Now you can order digital audiobooks through Libro.fm, and a portion of the proceeds will go to Phinney Books. Learn more here!
WE'RE THREE YEARS OLD!
See our Top 100 bestselling books from our third year.